Are you searching for a fun and affordable way to get your kids outdoors and active? Look no further than cheap kids BMX bikes! These rugged and durable bikes offer a great way for children to improve their coordination and enjoy some healthy exercise.
There are different cheap BMX bikes for different age groups. For example, flat frames for younger children are smaller and shorter, while fork frames are intended for teenagers. There are certain bikes that have a certain age group that they target, and some BMX bikes make it clear that they are suitable for small children in terms of size and frame type. Bicycles with training bikes are ideal for small children and children learning BMX.
The Benefits of Buying a Cheap Kids BMX Bike
Buying a cheap kids BMX bike can offer several benefits, including:
- Affordability: Cheap BMX bikes are a cost-effective way to introduce your child to the sport without breaking the bank.
- Easy Maintenance: With simple designs and basic components, cheap BMX bikes are easy to maintain and repair.
- Beginner-Friendly: Cheap BMX bikes are great for beginners or casual riders who are just starting out in the sport.
- Lightweight: Most cheap BMX bikes are lightweight, making them easier for kids to handle and maneuver.
- Suitable for different terrains: Cheap BMX bikes can be ridden on different terrains, from parks to dirt tracks.
By choosing a cheap BMX bike for your child, you can provide them with a fun and exciting way to stay active, while also saving money and enjoying the benefits of a low-maintenance, beginner-friendly bike.
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Cheap BMX Bike for Your Child
Before buying a cheap BMX bike for your child, there are several factors to consider to ensure you get the best value for your money. Here are some of the things you should think about:
- Purpose: Consider what type of riding your child will be doing with the bike. Will it be used for leisure, racing or stunts?
- Size: Make sure you get the right size bike for your child’s height and weight. A bike that is too big or too small can be dangerous.
- Durability: Look for a bike made with sturdy materials that can withstand wear and tear. A poorly made bike can break easily and lead to injuries.
- Weight: A lightweight bike can make it easier for your child to maneuver and perform tricks.
- Brakes: Ensure the bike has reliable brakes that are easy to use and adjust.
- Price: While you may be looking for a cheap bike, remember that the cheapest option may not always be the best quality.
By considering these factors, you can find a cheap BMX bike that is safe, durable, and fun for your child to ride.
Best Cheap BMX Bike Brands for Kids
When it comes to finding a cheap BMX bike for your child, it’s important to consider the brand you are buying from. Here are some of the best cheap BMX bike brands for kids:
- Mongoose: Mongoose offers a range of affordable BMX bikes for kids that are sturdy and reliable.
- Redline: Redline is a popular brand for BMX racing bikes, and they also offer affordable options for kids.
- Haro: Haro has been a well-known BMX brand for decades, and they offer a range of affordable bikes for kids.
- Sunday: Sunday is a newer brand in the BMX scene, but they offer high-quality, affordable bikes that are great for kids.
- Razor: Razor is known for their electric scooters, but they also offer affordable BMX bikes for kids that are great for beginners.
- Diamondback: Diamondback is a popular brand for mountain bikes, but they also offer affordable BMX bikes for kids.
By choosing a reputable brand, you can feel confident that you are getting a cheap BMX bike for your child that is safe, durable, and fun to ride.
Top 5 Cheap BMX Bikes for Kids in the UK
If you’re looking for a cheap BMX bike for your child in the UK, here are the top 5 options to consider:
- Mongoose Legion L18: This bike is a great option for younger children and is designed to be easy to handle. It has a lightweight frame and reliable brakes.
- Kent Pro 20: The Kent Pro 20 is a durable BMX bike that is designed for freestyle riding. It features a strong steel frame and alloy wheels.
- X-Games FS20: The X-Games FS20 is a great starter bike for kids who are just learning to ride. It features a steel frame and front and rear hand brakes.
- Redline PL 26: This BMX bike is designed for kids who are ready to start racing. It has a lightweight aluminum frame and 26-inch wheels.
- Mafiabikes Madmain: The Mafiabikes Madmain is a popular BMX bike for kids who are interested in freestyle riding. It has a strong steel frame and is available in a range of colors.
These BMX bikes offer great value for money and are a great option for parents who want to buy their child a high-quality bike without breaking the bank.
How to Choose the Right Size BMX Bike for Your Child
Choosing the right size BMX bike for your child is important to ensure their safety and comfort while riding. Here are some things to consider:
- Height: The most important factor in choosing the right size bike is your child’s height. BMX bikes are typically measured by the length of the top tube, so make sure to measure your child’s inseam and compare it to the bike’s top tube length.
- Age: Age can also be a helpful guide in determining the right size bike. Younger children generally need smaller bikes, while older children can handle larger bikes.
- Weight: Make sure to consider your child’s weight when choosing a bike. A bike that is too small or too large can be difficult for them to maneuver.
- Handlebars: The handlebars should be at a comfortable height for your child to grip without feeling strained.
- Seat height: The seat height should be adjusted so that your child’s feet can touch the ground while sitting on the seat.
By considering these factors, you can find the right size BMX bike for your child that will help them ride comfortably and safely.
Tips for Maintaining a Cheap BMX Bike for Kids
Maintaining a cheap BMX bike for kids is important to ensure its longevity and safety. Here are some tips to help you maintain your child’s bike:
- Keep the bike clean: Wipe down the bike after each ride to prevent dirt and debris from damaging the components.
- Check the tires: Check the tire pressure regularly and replace worn or damaged tires.
- Lubricate moving parts: Apply lubricant to the chain, pedals, and other moving parts to keep them functioning smoothly.
- Check the brakes: Make sure the brakes are working properly and adjust them if necessary.
- Store the bike properly: Store the bike in a dry place and protect it from the elements.
By following these maintenance tips, you can help your child’s cheap BMX bike last longer and keep them safe while riding.
Common Features of Cheap Kids BMX Bikes
Cheap kids BMX bikes may not have all the bells and whistles of more expensive models, but they still offer a range of features that make them fun and functional for young riders. Here are some common features of cheap kids BMX bikes:
- Steel frame: Most cheap BMX bikes have a steel frame, which is durable and can withstand rough riding.
- Single-speed: Cheap BMX bikes typically have a single speed, which makes them easier for kids to ride.
- Front and rear brakes: BMX bikes often feature both front and rear brakes, which provide reliable stopping power.
- Knobby tires: Knobby tires provide good traction on dirt and gravel surfaces.
- Padded seat: A padded seat helps make the ride more comfortable for kids.
While cheap kids BMX bikes may not have all the latest features, they offer a great way for kids to get started with the sport without breaking the bank.
Comparison: Cheap BMX Bikes vs. Expensive BMX Bikes
When it comes to buying a BMX bike, there are a few key differences between cheap and expensive models.
Here is a comparison of some of the main features:
Cheap BMX bikes:
- Affordable price point
- Simple design with basic components
- Steel frame and single-speed drivetrain
- Good for beginners or casual riders
- May require more maintenance and repairs over time
Expensive BMX bikes:
- High price point
- Advanced components and features, such as lightweight frames and multiple gears
- Built for more experienced riders and professionals
- More durable and require less maintenance
- May be too advanced for beginners and casual riders
While expensive BMX bikes may offer more advanced features, they can be cost-prohibitive for many riders. Cheap BMX bikes provide a great option for those looking to get started with the sport without breaking the bank.
Where to Buy Cheap BMX Bikes for Kids in the UK
If you’re looking to buy a cheap BMX bike for your child in the UK, there are several options to consider.
Here are some places to look for a cheap BMX Bike:
- Online retailers: Websites such as Amazon, Chain Reaction Cycles, and Wiggle offer a wide selection of BMX bikes at competitive prices.
- Sporting goods stores: Stores such as Decathlon and Sports Direct often carry a range of affordable BMX bikes.
- Secondhand shops: Check out local thrift stores and online marketplaces such as Facebook Marketplace or Gumtree for used BMX bikes.
- Local bike shops: Some bike shops may offer discounts on entry-level BMX bikes or have clearance sales on last year’s models.
By exploring these options, you can find a cheap BMX bike for your child that meets your budget and riding needs.
How to Save Money on Kids BMX Bikes
BMX bikes for kids can be expensive, but there are ways to save money and still get a quality bike. Here are some tips:
- Buy used: Look for used BMX bikes on online marketplaces, at thrift stores, or through local classifieds.
- Wait for sales: Keep an eye out for sales at bike shops or online retailers.
- Buy last year’s model: Bike shops may offer discounts on last year’s models, which can save you money without sacrificing quality.
- Consider buying components separately: If you have some mechanical knowledge, you can save money by buying a frame and components separately and assembling the bike yourself.
- Borrow or rent: If your child is just starting out, consider borrowing or renting a BMX bike until you’re sure they’re committed to the sport.
By following these tips, you can save money on a kids’ BMX bike without sacrificing quality or safety.
Safety Tips for Kids Riding BMX Bikes
Riding a BMX bike can be a fun and exhilarating experience for kids, but it’s important to keep safety in mind. Here are some safety tips for kids riding BMX bikes:
- Wear a helmet: A helmet is essential for protecting your child’s head in the event of a fall or accident.
- Wear proper safety gear: In addition to a helmet, make sure your child wears appropriate safety gear, such as knee and elbow pads.
- Check the bike before riding: Make sure the bike is in good condition before each ride, including checking the brakes, tires, and chain.
- Choose a safe riding location: Avoid busy roads or areas with heavy traffic, and choose a safe location such as a park or BMX track.
- Practice safe riding: Teach your child to ride at a safe speed, follow traffic rules, and be aware of their surroundings.
By following these safety tips, kids can enjoy the thrill of BMX riding while staying safe and protected.
Types of Cheap BMX Bikes
BMX is a good choice for many young people to gain confidence, develop riding skills and mature their cycling. The best BMX bikes on the market are diverse, from trick bikes to road bikes to street designs. With so many segments and models, buying the right BMX can be daunting for parents who want to offer their child an unhappy riding experience. We have compiled a varied list of the best BMZ bikes for children to help you find the perfect ride for your young rider.
At £21.7, this ride feels a bit hefty for a five-year-old, but that’s not untypical for children’s bikes. The aluminium frame and the coaster brake as well as the rear V-brake on this bike allow even the smallest to learn the ropes of the BMX. SE Specs: This bike has no training wheels, but with the advent of wheels there is no great need for training wheels. Nevertheless, I found this a very handy feature.
In order to increase the control on the BMX freestyle bike while performing tricks, stunts and complicated manoeuvres, you have to take into account the type of frame. This is a popular option for older, taller and more experienced BMX riders. A low frame is best suited for younger, smaller and shorter users to regain and maintain control of their bike during stunts, increase their stability and improve their core strength.
Budget BMX Kids Bike Sizes
The Blueprint 16s 15.5 “top tube is comfortable for most junior riders and rolls to a width of 21” on current tyres on Sundays. It rolls on the most popular 16 “Junior BMX bike and is therefore the bike for the most talented riders. With its proper red frame and white retro graphics, it is a stylish presence that is an underrated and crucial aspect of Junior Street BMX ownership.
This is a good choice for beginners who are not sure what kind of riding they are doing. Pro Tip: If you are an adult looking for a £20 BMX bike that can be ridden in trick style, this is a very nice choice as the seat tilt allows comfortable riding and cruising.
BMX riding is an absolute blast. It’s hard to describe how much fun it is until you actually try it. Graeme is a web developer from Victoria who has been working as a bicycle mechanic for three years. Horse riding is a sport that is relatively inexpensive.
Renowned brands and frames produce affordable BMX bikes for less than $200, and they benefit. It is rare for bikes to be listed so low, but they do come. Frame Impact, for example, has some really well-equipped rides on offer at a fantastic price. You will also want to try out more premium BMX models from Redlines, as they are getting better and better. Verdict: A high-tension steel frame is a great, strong platform for most riders.
What makes a good Budget Kids BMX?
It is a single-speed drive with a linear traction brake at the rear so that the driver can stop easily and precisely at any speed. It is simple and reliable, and that is what learners need most.
Due to limited exhibition capacity and for the safety of our customers and employees, we operate our retail stores with limited capacity. We will do our best to serve our customers on time and plan for the possibility of short waiting times
Conclusion: Is a Cheap BMX Bike the Right Choice for Your Child?
In conclusion, a cheap BMX bike can be a great option for parents who want to introduce their child to the sport without spending a lot of money. However, it’s important to weigh the pros and cons before making a purchase.
Pros of cheap BMX bikes:
- Affordable price point
- Great for beginners or casual riders
- Simple design with basic components that are easy to maintain and repair
- Good option for parents who are unsure if their child will stick with the sport long-term
Cons of cheap BMX bikes:
- May not offer the same level of durability or performance as more expensive models
- Limited range of features and components
- May require more frequent maintenance and repairs
- May not be suitable for more experienced riders or those looking to compete at a higher level
Ultimately, the decision to buy a cheap BMX bike for your child will depend on your budget, their riding needs, and how committed they are to the sport. By weighing the pros and cons and doing your research, you can make an informed decision and find the best BMX bike for your child.